For the 6th year in a row, the next TelcoSecDay will take place in 2017 on March 21th. Again, it will be held one day before Troopers IT-Security Conference as an invitation-only event. For those of you who don’t know the TSD, it is organized by ERNW and is aimed at bringing researchers and people from the telecommunication industry together to discuss about current security weaknesses, challenges and strategies. To do so, various topics will be presented during the talks and there will surely be enough time to follow-up in extensive discussions.
To give you an idea, here’s the TSD 2016 agenda, and here’s the one of 2015.
Although some talks are pre-selected, I’d like to give a chance to all of you to present and discuss your topic during this year’s TSD.
Please send me an e-mail (email@example.com) with the following contents:
- Your Name (and Affiliation)
- Abstract (Describe what you will be talking about)
- Synopsis (Can be same as Abstract – might be published here or on the Troopers website)
- Biography of Speaker(s)
Furthermore, your mail should contain:
- Why is the presentation relevant for TSD?
- Has the presentation been given before at other occasions? (Where?)
- Are there practical demos?
- Do you have any special requirements? (Anything else than a projector?)
- How much time will you need for your presentation? (30-60 min)
- From where are you arriving (approximate traveling costs)?
- As the publication of synopsis/abstract/bio is optional, please let me know if you agree.
We will cover 750 EUR for flying within Europe or 1800 USD for flying internationally and two nights of accommodation in the Troopers speaker hotel. You also will have the option for a discount on Troopers Main Conference Tickets but this will be handled individually.
The first CFP round will close on December 1. 2016 (there might be a second round in January). To submit, send an email with the contents above to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all the others out there who are interested in joining us: Although the Telco-Sec-Day is invite only, we’re always happy to see new faces and hear new ideas. As such if you’re interested, feel free to drop me an email (email@example.com) and explain why you should take part.