This year I had the pleasure to join the guest day of BT’s SnoopCon. There were quite a number of interesting talks throughout the day such as
- Saumil Shah‘s presentation on Stegosploit (as well as his rant about the state of information security)
- Dr. Grigorios Fragkos‘ talk on airplane security (where he presented some maybe not-so-pleasant but also some good-to-hear facts on the security posture of airplanes)
- Dominic Spill‘s demonstration of tools and methods used to reverse engineer RF protocols
- Hacker Fantastic‘s talk on how to use the AX.25 protocol to bounce radio signals off the ISS to communicate with systems around the world
- Kostas Litovois’ and Vincent Yiu’s presentation on #WePWNise, a tool that can be used to efficiently create malicious VBA macros (by taking EMET configuration details into account)
- Bryan Fite‘s talk on how we have to think about Safety, Security, and Privacy in the IoT age.
I really enjoyed the talks and had a great time! Thanks to all the organizers and speakers!